1 1/2 cups dry wild rice blend
6 carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium shallots, chopped
6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups fresh baby spinach or kale
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 cup heavy cream or whole milk (or coconut milk)
1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving(or preferred non dairy supplement)
kosher salt and black pepper
6 tablespoons salted butter, melted(or coconut oil/olive oil blend)
2 pounds mixed mushrooms, roughly torn
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 cloves garlic, smashed
zest from 1 lemon
1. In the bowl of your instant pot, combine the rice, chicken, carrots, celery, shallots, broth, thyme, sage, crushed red pepper, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Quick release the steam.
2. Switch the instant pot to sauté. Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Stir in the cream, parmesan, and spinach. Cook until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
3. To make the mushrooms. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On a baking sheet, combine the butter, mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Transfer to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until the mushrooms are golden and crisp.
4. Mash the garlic with a fork, then stir in the mushrooms, mashed garlic, and any butter left into the soup.
5. Divide the soup among bowls and top with rosemary and additional parmesan.
**This recipe is from Mindful Ways Village School Winter Menu**